The centrifuge has the task of separating solid matter from suspensions. Here the screen worm centrifuge impresses by its enormous range of applications, with both high and low feed concentrations.
The unique functional principle of pre-accelerated suspension feed to the screening device, combined with homogeneous distribution by means of the worm, enables this centrifuge to perform complex tasks.
We achieve optimum dewatering results by adapting the machine parameters, G force and dwell time.
The solid material is conveyed by means of a worm rotating at a different speed from the bowl. Solid and liquid are conducted away into separate housing sections. Mother liquor and washing liquid can be drained away separately from each other.
The drive for the SIEBTECHNIK screen worm centrifuge stands out for its powerful gear units and a high-quality bearing support. A central oil-circuit lubrication system supplies all the bearings with continuously filtered and temperature-controlled lubricant.
This machine concept enables excellent access to all the components coming into contact with the product. The result is fast servicing and maintenance procedures and special cleaning requirements to be met inside the process space.
Because of the complex tasks there is a large number of different design variants available. The rotating components on SIEBTECHNIK CONTURBEX machines are available with different taper angles ranging from 0° to 20°.
A central component of this filtration centrifuge is the screening device. This is chosen to meet the specific requirements of the separating task.
The design of the worm is also a central consideration: the geometrical arrangement of the worm channels and the choice of suitable material or wear protection is decisive.
Taper angle of the rotating parts:
- Slotted screens
- CONIDUR® screen plates
- Laser-perforated screen plates
- Water-blasted screen plates
- Punch-perforated plates
- Mechanical gear units (planetary/cycloid gear units)
- Hydraulic drives (self-regulating worm speed)
- Drives with adjustable speeds
- Drives with regulable speeds
Centrifuge housing seals:
- Open labyrinth seals
- Vapour-tight version
- Gas-tight version
- Explosion protected design in accordance with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX 100a)
- Pressure-tight version with sliding ring seal
- Carbon steel
- Austenitic steels
- Duplex steels
Wear protection variants:
- Welded-on tungsten carbide material
- Stellite special material
- Carbide metal
- Equipment for product washing
- Pressure equalisation in air/gas flow circuit
- Separate drains for filtrate and washing liquid (dual cyclone)
- Solid ejection by discharge channel (race-track)
- Trace heating/cooling
- Suspension inlet or infeed worm
- CIP version
- Food-safe version to FDA/EU1935