Belt Filter Press (BFP)
The economical way to dewater sludge and slurries
Siebtechnik Tema belt filter presses are used to dewater any type of sludge, where our experienced engineers can customise our standard models for your specific requirements. Over the past 30 years, we have locally manufactured and supplied over 135 BFP’s to many satisfied customers in Australia and overseas.
Our new 7000 series design is more space efficient than conventional BFP’s, using smaller diameter rollers to exert higher pressures, thereby increasing dewatering performance. Our BFP is often coupled with a Gravity Drainage Deck (GDD), to improve the overall dewatering efficiency of any process.
Typical applications include:
- municipal and industrial sludge
- production by-products – e.g. from chemical, food and paper processing
- mineral industries
- mine tailing dewatering
- drilling and tunneling
- sand, clay and mud
- abattoir, rendering and tanneries
How it works
- A – Sludge mixed with polymer is introduced.
- B – The mixture gradually rises where the polymer and sludge separate.
- C – Mixture is evenly and gently spread across belt width by the leveling baffle.
- D – The mixture “pools” and then is conveyed upward during which time free water drains through the belt. The thickening process can be aided by the use of ploughs.
- E – Thickened sludge is trapped between the two screens and gradually subjected to increasing pressure.
- F – Shearing and compression occurs as the sludge travels around rolls of decreasing diameter due to the forces exerted by the independent pneumatic tensioning of both belts.
- G – The dewatered sludge is discharged away from the belts which is then doctored and washed before returning to accept more sludge.
Series 7000, 7100 and 7500 – Municipal and industrial sludge
|Belt width||0.5 - 2.5||m
|Flow rate||2.0 - 32||m³/h
|Dry solids load||40 - 800||kg/h
|Feed solids||0.8 - 5||% w/w solids
Series 7600 – Industrial and mineral processing sludge
|Belt width||2.0 - 3.0||m
|Flow rate||15 - 30||m³/h
|Dry solids load||400 - 30 000||kg/h
|Feed solids||0.8 - 50||% w/w solids
As standard the BFP is supplied complete with a flocculation tank including 0.37 kW mixer, safety lanyard switches, low air and water pressure switches, belt drift switches, guards and mechanically variated main drives or suitable for VSD control (by others).
We generally offer the following optional extras:
- Other dry sludge handling equipment such as as conveyor belts, sludge bins etc.
- On site installation by our service technicians
- On site commissioning assistance by one of our engineers
Materials of construction
Equipment frames are made from epoxy coated mild steel, while all wetted parts including filtrate trays, flocculator tank, spray bars and fasteners are 316 stainless steel, rubber covered rolls.
Alternatively, the frames can also be manufactured from stainless steel.